Thursday, June 14, 2007

West Highland Way may 2007


West Highland Way, start point!!


Ollie and His Dad

So my dad always wanted to walk the West Highland way, well for the last 18 months! so why not join him and my brother! A 95 mile walk which starts near glasgow and heads north through the Trossachs, loch Lommond and through Glen Coe area and finishes in Fort William!! It is Scotlands first offical long distant route, conceived in th e60's but completed in the 80's!!


James

6 days walking between 12 and 20 miles, staying in a range of accomodation from travel inns to youth hostels!! it was great to be there for my dad's first youth hostel experience!! Most of the days we got up early (for me, anyway!!) and headed out with bags packed! we didn't realise until halfway through day 1, you can organise a company to transport your bags to the next accomodation! But to us that's cheating!! (we kept telling ourself's)


Views down to Inveroran!!

The whole journey was amazing, taking in differenet scenery from the park around glasgow, the views across the lochs and the mountains!! It was a technically easy walk, as it's sign posted all the way and mainly on a well maintain track! everyone we met along the way was helpful and friendly!


My dad walking in the rain!!


Ollie and james outside distillery

My highlights from the trip was spending a week with my dad and brother and not arguing once! Visiting my first distillery and sampling some fine scottish whiskey!! siting at the oldest bar in scotland with my dad! and mainly taking in the amazing views that scotland has to offer.


Finish line of the West Highland Way


The Old Man outside the Youth Hostel

1 comment:

james_vann said...

Bloody hell you are one ugly bugger compared to your handsome, and might I say rather younger looking, brother!!!!